Research Associate/Assistant, Department of Surgery
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Associate/Assistant in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The position is a 1-year contract in the first instance and could be extended with good performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate/Assistant will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the various research projects on time. Research Associates/Assistants may be deployed either in NUH or other collaborating sites (e.g. Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Sengkang General Hospital, National University Polyclinics), and will be exposed to a range of health services and biomedical research. The team's currently active projects include - but are not limited to - understanding patients' and spouses' quality-of-life during colorectal cancer treatment, barriers and facilitators to cancer screening, advance care planning uptake among chronic and cancer patients, understanding perceptions towards obesity and community weight management, and acceptance of telemedicine initiatives in primary and tertiary healthcare settings.
The Research Associate/Research Assistant’s principal roles will be to contribute to general research activities such as recruitment, data collection, administration of questionnaires, coordination of investigations, data entry, verification, and analysis.
Research Associates may additionally be required to contribute to the drafting of academic manuscripts, research grant proposal writing, and training of junior staff.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Associate/Assistant will liaise with the relevant personnel to ensure that research operations proceed smoothly, and will be accountable to the PI. The Research Associate/Assistant will be required to:
- Oversee the general management of the assigned project(s);
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project(s), such as organizing meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team, maintaining study site files and documents;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project(s) at the study site, e.g., collaborate with team members at the study sites, screening and recruitment, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes, biological samples collection;
- Conduct literature reviews, use statistical software to enter, verify, and analyse data as well as maintain team datasets, and assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the assigned project(s);
- Assist in preparation and writing of ethics or grant proposal submissions;
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with institutional policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
- Have at least a Bachelor’s (for Research Assistants) or Master’s degree (for Research Associates) in Nursing, Life Sciences, Psychology, Public Health, or equivalent.
- Demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with confidential data.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
- Able to travel between office and external study sites.
- Able to work both independently and as a team player in a fast-paced academic/clinical research environment.
- Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Siew Bei En (email@example.com).
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 2 referees).
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7236