Research Assistant, Pharmacy
We are looking for highly motivated and competent Research Assistant to work on research focusing on building new generation drug delivery technologies for disease visualization and precision nanomedicine. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of Dr TANG Wei at NUS (https://pharmacy.nus.edu.sg/team/asst-prof-tang-wei/) to help with lab management and support ongoing research projects.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
a) Lab safety, ordering, and lab management (30%)
- To serve as a lab safety lead
- To be responsible for lab ordering
- To assemble chemicals and reagents in the lab and maintain the inventory
- To create and review standard operation protocols (SOPs) and risk assessments
- To facilitate general cleanliness of the lab
b) Research tasks (70%)
- To perform cell culture and in vitro studies.
- To establish xenograft tumour models and perform animal studies.
- To harvest blood/tissue samples from animals for flow cytometry and confocal microscopy analysis.
- To perform standard molecular biology experiment and train lab colleagues on the techniques.
Qualifications / Discipline:
- Bachelor or master degree in pharmacy, life sciences, chemistry, materials science, bioengineering, or related field.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Excellent communication skills and great ability in written and spoken English.
- Be able to work both independently and in a team
- Experienced in animal handling and cell culture techniques
- Experienced in standard molecular biology techniques, flow cytometry, and confocal microscopy
- Familiar with advanced techniques in nanomaterial characterization, bioanalysis, and biomedical imaging would be advantageous.
- Willing to learn new techniques
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Pharmacy
Job requisition ID : 10538