Kirrip Program Officer, Digital Engagement
- Part-time (0.8), Fixed Term position - 12 months
- Salary Level HEW 5 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the City campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Based in the Clubs and Activities team, the Kirrip Program Officer (Digital Engagement) will support the planning, delivery, and evaluation of the digital RMIT Kirrip program offerings, including shaping and delivering digital engagement strategy for RMIT student cohorts both locally and offshore, the coordination and implementation of the Kirrip online activities, further strengthening the Kirrip online community, and identifying opportunities to expand and create new pathways.
As a digital media expert, you'll be in charge of RMIT Kirrip's digital engagement initiatives, with a heavy emphasis on building a digital student community. Identifying and exploiting emerging digital technologies to create new and engaging experiences appropriate for the University's broad audiences, as well as providing effective and efficient administration and programme logistic support to ensure the successful and safe delivery of the digital RMIT Kirrip programming, are just a few of the responsibilities.
Our next Kirrip Officer will bring their digital development skills and their ability to explore and create as well as connect with students. Your "can-do attitude" and excellent communication and stakeholders relationships skills are key to succeeding in this role.
This role supports the operations of the various Clubs and Activities programs, including digital offerings for orientation and other activities that require a hybrid delivery (on-campus and online).
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline and/or relevant professional experience at a similar level.
- Experience in digital planning, delivery of engaging online experiences, nurturing online communities and measurement that contributes to organisational objectives.
- Knowledge of new media and digital technology to improve outcomes.
- Understanding how to work with data and student volunteers to identify emerging and unmet needs and develop solutions to meet those needs.
- Ability to work effectively as a flexible team member committed to achieving own and work team goals and priorities and to continuous improvement.
- Experience working accurately with detailed information and providing high-level administrative support in a university environment or similar large and complex organisation.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below. For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Diana Ruiz via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on 30 January 2022 at 11:59 pm.
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.