Associate Professor, Public Health
- Full-time, Continuing
- Located at Melbourne (Budoora) Campus
- Level D - $143,667 - $157,928 per annum + 17% superannuation
About the position
A Level D teaching and research academic is expected to be recognised nationally/internationally as a contributor to the development of their discipline or profession.
In this position they will provide leadership and foster excellence in teaching and learning and research in the discipline. They will provide leadership in developing curriculum and teaching, and undertake high quality and/or high impact research/scholarship.
Skills and Experience
To be considered for this position, you will have:
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Discipline expertise in qualitative research methods, social and cultural perspectives of public health, and working with vulnerable populations.
- Demonstrated effectiveness and leadership in public health curriculum development and teaching with a proven commitment to excellence in teaching.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School/College or University level.
- Distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Strong record of publications, including papers in leading international journals and/or invited presentation at international conferences.
- Successful record of external research funding through grants/contracts/consultancies.
- Proven leadership skills with a demonstrated capacity to manage and mentor less senior teaching and research staff.
- Demonstrated course and / or discipline leadership experience including proven experience and success in managing staff performance and development.
- Record of attracting honours/research students and successful supervision.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this position.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Monday, 14th February 2022 by 11:55 pm
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Melissa Graham firstname.lastname@example.org +61 3 9479 3792.
Recruitment Enquiries: email@example.com
Please submit an online application ONLY and include the following documents:
- Cover letter;
- An up to date resume; and
- A separate document addressing each essential and desirable bullet point in the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe Cultural Qualities:
We are Accountable, We are Connected, We are Innovative, We Care
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a diverse, inclusive and respectful working environment for all staff. We offer flexible work arrangements that can assist you in balancing your work and other responsibilities.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.