Research Fellow, Health Services Research
The Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking one full time Research Fellow (RF) with relevant experience to support faculty members in conducting studies in the area of health services research (HSR).
The team's currently active projects include - but are not limited to - understanding patients' and spouses' quality-of-life during colorectal cancer treatment, barriers and facilitators to cancer screening, advance care planning uptake among chronic and cancer patients, understanding perceptions towards obesity and community weight management, and acceptance of telemedicine initiatives in primary and tertiary healthcare settings.
The RF will participate actively in research projects in one or more of the following areas:
- HSR in cancer care
- Programme evaluation using mixed-methods and/or patient-reported outcomes
- Evidence synthesis to identify gaps to inform future HSR
- Population health economics and health technology assessment
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will be an integral part of several research projects with responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Work with research teams to conceptualise new ideas and develop plans for research which could have a considerable influence and impact on the relevant field attracting research funding.
- Lead and/or manage projects in a team-based, cross-functional research environment which includes building capacity and mentoring junior research staffs
- Provide support for grant/protocol development and research administration including ethics approval and budgeting
- Perform statistical data analyses, conduct literature reviews, systematic review and meta-analysis
- Write and review research papers/reports, present research outcomes for scientific sharing and publication
- Build network and collaborations with other researchers from interdisciplinary teams and relevant stakeholders
- Undertake other related duties as may be reasonably required by the PI
- Recognized PhD in public health, social sciences, or other relevant disciplines
- Have demonstrable experience in public health, health economics, or programme evaluation research
- Possess track record of co-authorship of written outputs, reports, and peer-reviewed publications
- Excellent in spoken and written English
- Proficient in SPSS, Stata, and/or R
- Strong writing and critical thinking skills, as well as good organisational, communication and presentation skills.
- A team player who is able to prioritize, multi-task and work collaboratively in a diverse workforce
- Ability to perform systematic reviews, with or without meta-analysis, would be advantageous
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a cover letter and detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 2 referees).
We regret to inform you that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8452