Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Urbanism
- Full time continuing
- Opportunity to make a contribution to the research, education and administrative endeavours in the Discipline of Urbanism at School of Architecture, Design and Planning
- Academic Level B/C Base Salary $110,856 - $156,579 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
Our School of Architecture, Design and Planning has a broad range of research interests and a vibrant and supportive culture. In 2020 we launched our current strategic plan which reflects our commitment to social justice, student centred programs, multi-disciplinarity, staff professional development, and engagement with industry and the community.
Click here for more information on our School.
Our Discipline of Urbanism is concerned with the design, characteristics and processes of urbanism and the policy and planning solutions proposed to create better cities. We embrace an integrated and multidisciplinary approach to the theory, policy and design of how we make and shape cities. We have strong research concentrations in the fields of housing, smart cities, and place. Our academics teach into undergraduate and postgraduate programs on urbanism, urban and regional planning, and urban design.
Your key responsibilities as the Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Urbanism will be to:
- co-ordinate and teach units across the urbanism suite of programs
- make an outstanding research contribution to urban studies
- contribute to the governance of the discipline, School and University.
We are looking for a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Urbanism who possesses:
- a complete PhD in Urban Planning, Urban Design or a related field of research
- a demonstrated track record of teaching and research in one or more of Urban Design, Urban Economics, Urban Spatial Analysis or International Urban Development
- the potential to secure competitive research funding (at Lecturer level) and evidence of grant submissions (at Senior Lecturer level)
- evidence of excellence in teaching across face-to-face, virtual and hybrid forms.
Please state in your cover letter the level of the role you wish to apply for (Level B or C) and the reason why you are best suited to this level.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, 17 February 2022
How to apply
Please click here to apply
© The University of Sydney