Senior Research Fellow/ Research Fellow/ Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Social Lab
The Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) is a policy research think-tank in the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore.
The Social Lab is a centre for social indicators research at IPS. The centre conducts research on social perceptions, attitudes and behaviours in relation to public policy in Singapore, using the most robust qualitative and quantitative methodologies. Researchers also collect and analyse panel data to complement cross-sectional and time-series data.
IPS invites applications for a Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Research Fellow to lead and contribute to cross-disciplinary research on social policy issues in Singapore. Applicants should have a PhD in a social science field from a reputable university and be proficient in quantitative research methods. The Senior Research Fellow/Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Research Fellow should be able to contribute to policy thinking through formulating relevant research questions, spearheading the design and implementation of research projects, performing rigorous analyses of data, and effectively translating data into insights and robust policy recommendations.
- Designing a strong research agenda focused on social indicator research
- Leading research studies which collect and analyse attitudinal/perception data in a cross-sectional and longitudinal approach
- Tracking research developments in fields which have bearing to population perceptions
- Contribute to the success of the data collection work of Social Lab
- Presenting research work to internal and external stakeholders in research papers, policy briefs, journals, opinion editorials and IPS’ on-line channels;
- Undertaking administrative duties such as developing and facilitating research conferences, workshops and closed-door discussions;
- Supporting other research projects undertaken by Social Lab
- Have an interest in Singaporean social issues and opinion polling
- Proficient in quantitative research methods and experience using such methods for social research
- Have a credible body of published work and is developing a publication record in the English language;
- Have strong English communication and analytical skills, with an ability to write in a clear and engaging manner;
- Have a PhD in a social science field from a reputable university
- Ability to work in a team and provide mentorship to junior researchers
- Experience in working with Singapore Government policy-makers would be an advantage
Application Procedures To apply, please quote "ID: SL072021" and e-mail the following to email@example.com:
- One-page cover letter (with a brief statement of relevant research experience)
- Curriculum vitae
- Two writing samples (min. 500 words)
Your cover letter should include details such as your highest qualifications, last drawn salary, expected salary and reasons for leaving your last/current position. Please also state when you expect to be able to begin work, if this position is offered to you. *Applicants awarded the Postdoctoral Research Fellow position will be provided a contract of 2 years.
(We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.)