Research Fellow, Solar Chimney
The candidate is expected to be involved in a project aiming to maximize the ventilation in the enclosed space in middle and high-rise residential buildings.
The key responsibilities are:
- Prototype development and experimental measurement of solar chimney designs and vortex flow-enhanced ventilation solutions
- Numerical simulation and optimization studies on solar chimney designs and vortex flow-enhanced ventilation solutions
- Preparation of manuscript and grant proposal as well as dissemination of knowledge at conferences.
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering or thermal system related fields.
- Experience in prototyping and setting up experiments
- Strong understanding of experimental techniques, particularly with regards to pressure, temperature, and flow measurements
- Knowledge of CFD analysis using commercial software is an advantage.
- Able to work independently and as a team.
- Good communication skills in English.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 6831