Research Assistant, Synthetic Biology TRP
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant position in the Department of Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh Bachelor’s Degree holders are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to and work closely with the Principal Investigator and the lead research fellow on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RA’s principal role will be to work in a team to engineer microorganisms for targeted recycling of electronic waste.
Main Duties and Responsibilities The Research Assistant is expected to:
- Engineer industrial enzymes for enhanced biocatalytic capabilities and other desirable properties
- Perform high-throughput screening of the engineered enzymes, and optimize the methods if necessary
- Provide technical support to research fellows and graduate students working in the same project.
Qualifications The applicant should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Have basic knowledge and hands-on experience on molecular biology, biochemistry and metabolic engineering of microbes for the production of targeted metabolites
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7585