Research Assistant for "Technology and the Future of Work"
Applications are invited for the following full-time position:
Research Assistant for “Technology and the Future of Work”
Dr Sam Yam (https://www.sam-yam.com/) at the Department of Management and Organisation in NUS Business School is hiring a research assistant.
Qualifications and specific responsibilities
.We would like to invite a bachelor’s degree or postgraduate degree holder to join as a full-time research assistant (RA) to support a variety of research projects on human robot interaction at work.
Interested applicants with strong quantitative skills, prior research experiences, a desire to pursue a PhD in Organizational Behavior, Social Psychology, or the Behavioral Sciences in the future are encouraged to apply for this position.
The specific responsibilities include:
- Recruit and coordinate with participants on project interviews/ surveys
- Conduct literature review to support design of research instruments
- Conduct face-to-face interviews and administer surveys on study participants
- Collect, compile and analyse data at various stages of the study
- Attend and contribute to research project meetings and discussions
- Support research design
- Draft research papers, reviews and reports
- Support grant management (e.g. basic accounting)
Other administrative duties include but are not limited to checking references, formatting manuscripts, preparing statistical tables and figures, looking up for research papers, administer field experiments, organizing contacts, inputting and checking data, etc.
- Demonstrated experience or training in conducting social science research;
- Mastery of word and excel;
- Responsible, detail oriented, and perfection-seeking;
- Quick in learning and creative in providing solutions;
- Independent, self-starter with initiative and commitment
- Some knowledge of using statistical software such as R, SPSS, STATA, or SAS;
- Basic programming knowledge is a plus;
- Mastery of writing will allow the student to obtain higher level research involvement.
- An undergraduate degree in business, economics, psychology, social science, or other related fields. A master’s degree in relevant fields is a merit.
- A strong interest in pursuing a PhD in the future is a plus.
Working Hours & Email Address:
The stipulated working hours are 9-5pm, Mondays to Fridays. Telecommuting will be the default mode of working during the period of gradual resumption of operations at NUS. In the future, the candidate is expected to be physically present in NUS office during the stipulated working hours. Software and tools required for data analysis will be made available.
The start date of this position is negotiable, but ideally candidates should expect to commence employment prior to Dec 2021. Appointments will be on a one-year term contact and renewable upon satisfactory performance. Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications, track record, potential, experience.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae with complete contact information and any supporting documents to email@example.com. Please label your email with subject: “Full-Time Research Assistant”.
Should you be shortlisted, you will be contacted directly for an interview. We will review applications on a rolling basis, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.