Project Communications Officer
- An excellent opportunity to join the Sydney Nano ASU high performing team
- Part time (0.8 FTE), 3 years fixed term contract
- Starting salary from $78K + 17% Superannuation (Pro-rata)
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney Nano Institute (Sydney Nano) is looking for an enthusiastic Project Communications Officer to join their collaborative team. You will use your excellent analytical and communication skills to support the implementation of Sydney Nano programs, communications strategies, and events. You will provide project support to the Sydney Nano ASU to implement and support an associated coordinated communications strategy.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate and deliver the institute's communication strategy
- provide writing, editing and production of communications collateral across multiple channels
- manage websites and social media platforms for both internal and external audiences
- build relationships and manage communications with institute stakeholders
- Work collaboratively with marketing and communications to ensure that marketing communications are integrated, and brand aligned
- tertiary qualifications and/or relevant work experience a in communications and administration
- previous experience in the higher education/tertiary sector or at a complex, multi-faceted organisation
- excellent written communication skills including the ability to draft effective website content, correspondence and other documents for a variety of audiences
- a strong understanding of social media and website maintenance and governance
- excellent administrative skills, experience across University communications systems and Office 365
- excellent organisational, planning, project and time management skills.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Thursday, 3rd February 2022
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Rachel Strong, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 7612 or by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
To keep our community safe please be aware of our COVID safety precautions, which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.