Research Engineer, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Healthcare
The National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks a Research Engineer, working as part of the Cisco-NUS Accelerated Digital Economy Corporate Laboratory. The Corp Lab aims to accelerate Singapore’s Digital Economy transformation by developing solutions to automate and scale business operations, develop intelligent infrastructure for healthcare, build resilient, secure and operationalize next-generation infrastructure for IoT and enterprise environments, and harness technology to augment and drive productivity.
The position being advertised here is part of the Healthcare work package which focuses on accelerating the digitalization of the Healthcare Industry across Singapore. Specific tasks include
- Looking at equipping hospitals with distributed and coordinated intelligence to improve their operational and clinical efficiency by facilitating sensing, understanding and interaction.
- Explore applications such as monitoring and active intervention for patients in the Emergency Department and monitoring of healthcare workers and human factors to improve performance.
- Provide support to a team of engineers in solving multi-disciplinary problems, including preparation of documentation and presentation of results of analyses/testing to peers and customers.
- Ensure system design complies with existing standards for data engineering, data security, and data privacy.
- Researcher will conduct high-quality research, propose his/her own research ideas, and be an active member of the project.
- Participate in documenting the work, writing progress reports, and writing research articles as part of the research work.
The researcher will work in the NUS-Cisco Corporate Lab in the research group of Prof. Mehul Motani
Successful candidates will enjoy a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
- Applicants should have a good Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or relevant experience with machine learning (experience with healthcare datasets preferred).
- Applicants should have demonstrated successful track-record of prior research work, and have a keen interest in participating in high-impact research within a large, multi-disciplinary corporate lab, and expertise in the research area of artificial intelligence for healthcare.
- A keen interest in experimentation and system-building is beneficial, as is specific expertise in applying machine learning algorithms to healthcare datasets. Has technical proposal writing and presentation skills.
- Able to plan and organize well and adhere to deadlines.
- Doing research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Open to fixed-term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11628