Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global Engagement
Office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)
- Play a leading role to drive the development, finalisation and implementation of the University’s Internationalisation Strategy
- Development of the strategic (anchor) institutional relationships and a range of other multi-dimensional partnerships
- Key University ambassadorial role
- Senior management position
- 3 year appointment
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
UWA’s Global Engagement function oversees initiatives focussed on achievement of global engagement and championing the University’s Internationalisation Strategy. Global Engagement’s primary function is to establish strategic partnerships and maintain strong relationships with key education, research, and public and private sector organisations worldwide. The Global Engagement function is embedded within the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) portfolio and works collaboratively within and beyond that portfolio to support international student recruitment, research, and industry engagement initiatives.
About the opportunity
You will work directly with the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) to drive the development, finalisation and implementation of the University’s Internationalisation Strategy in line with the UWA 2030 Vision.
A key initiative under the Partnerships pillar of the UWA Internationalisation Strategy is the development of strategic (anchor) relationships with overseas institutions and other multi-dimensional partnerships. These are being established with similarly ranked universities who demonstrate the right strategic mix and level of ambition to complement our existing relationships.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) will take the academic lead in the establishment and maintenance of these relationships. This would include coordination of academic engagement in the multiple strategic initiatives in place with each anchor partner. This will involve interaction with key academics and leaders from the various Schools as well as Research Centres and Institutes. The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) will also represent UWA in relation to external agencies at State and National level and be the main office for ambassadorial arrangements.
The Pro Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement) will work within the Education portfolio to champion internationalisation for all students including initiatives such as Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL) and internationalisation of the curriculum.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- Appropriate academic qualifications or significant experience with an outstanding record of performance in international activities relevant to this role.
- Extensive relevant leadership and management experience and demonstrated ability to lead a high performing team in a large complex organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of strategies and strategic initiatives including developing measurable plans and delivering on targets and indicators.
- Outstanding communication, stakeholder and relationship management skills and their application to establish and maintain effective internal and external networks and partnerships.
- A thorough knowledge of major issues in the international tertiary education sector, particularly in the Asia-Pacific region and the Indian Ocean Rim, and an appreciation of the associated political, diplomatic and social environment.
- Proven record of accomplishment of active horizon scanning and identifying potentially new and relevant market opportunities.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. Please see the position description prior to applying.
The content of your Resume and Cover Letter should demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: 11:55 pm (Western Australian Standard Time) on Sunday 30 January 2022
Candidates should note that interviews are scheduled for the week commencing 07 February 2022
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
- We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
- UWA has been awarded Bronze Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2021).
- UWA has also been awarded Athena Swan Bronze Accreditation in 2020.