Research Fellow, Synthetic Biology
Location: Kent Ridge Campus, SG
Company: National University of Singapore
NUS R&G Postdoctoral Fellowship (Asst. Prof Julius Fredens)
Post-Doctoral Fellow in Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Programme, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh PhD holders are encouraged to apply.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to Asst. Prof. Julius Fredens and work with a team of researchers. The research project revolves around applied synthetic biology and focuses on phage genome engineering, phage display, and directed evolution.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Manage and drive one or more research projects, design and execute experiments, assimilate and interpret results;
- Solve scientific problems, think independently, and suggest creative solutions;
- Write papers together with the PI for publication in high-impact journals;
- Mentor graduate and undergraduate students.
The applicant should:
- (a) Hold a PhD degree in molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related field;
- (b) Have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in molecular biology. Experience with microbiology, bacteriophages, and bioengineering is favourable;
- (c) Have a strong record of publications in international journals;
- (d) Be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, and be attentive to details;
- (e) Be passionate about science, self-motivated, naturally take ownership of assignments, and proactively propose solutions to arising obstacles.
Only Singaporean citizens and permanent residents are eligible to apply for this position.
Formal application: Please submit your application of (1) letter of motivation describing the applicant’s research interests and relevant experience; and (2) full CV (up to two pages) including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications, and contacts of 3 referees
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Asst. Prof. Julius Fredens (firstname.lastname@example.org).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicin
Department : Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 10328