Service and Experience Improvement Project Manager
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: Chief Operating Officer Portfolio
Department/School: Operational Performance Group
Salary: $126,004 - $131,097 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
- Excellent opportunity for an experience project manager and people leader
- Join a collaborative, energetic team that values collaboration and growth
- Share your passion for Design and Service Improvement with professional and academic stakeholders
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Operational Performance Group
The Operational Performance Group delivers functions that facilitate the design, evaluation, and improvement of services across the University, and business partnering services to Chancellery.
About the Role
As Service & Experience Improvement Project Manager, you will lead and support programs of work for the Digital Design & Service Experience team. You will apply Design and Service Improvement methods to deliver the design and improvement of services to our students, staff and academics. Leading a team of 3, you will provide project management, analyst, demand capture and management and training coordination support where required.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- lead multiple small- and large-scale projects to deliver human-centred designed service and service improvements. Project plan and manage to outcomes not to siloed streams aligned to methodologies
- manage scope, quality, progress, change control; identify and mitigate risks and issues, and provide reporting to senior stakeholders/engagement forums
- provide leadership and direction to your direct reports as People Leader, this will include providing mentorship, setting goals, professional development opportunities, and supporting a work environment that fosters high achievement and collaboration
You will be an experienced project manager with excellent interpersonal skills that enable you to build positive and productive stakeholder relationships across a complex organisation. You will have the demonstrated ability to lead multi/trans-disciplinary teams in Agile environments and excel at inspiring, coaching, developing and motivating others. You will further have strong verbal and written communication skills, including presentation and facilitation skills, reporting and documentation skills.
Ideally, you will further have:
- (Desirable but not essential) Tertiary qualifications which may be in one of the following fields of study – Project Management certification, Business, Design, Social Sciences, Marketing, Anthropology, Psychology, Systems Thinking, Engineering, Lean/Six Sigma, Agile/Adaptive Ways of Working
- Applied project management skills including planning, scheduling, governance, risk management. The ability to project plan and deliver to outcomes not siloed methodologies
- Extensive experience and broad knowledge of the practice of Project Management (5+ years)
- A demonstrated ability to work to outcomes and deliverables created from a range of Service Improvement and Process management tools and methods to - Diagnose the current condition, problem solving techniques, explore possible futures, Set a course, and Act to learn.
To ensure the University continues to provide a safe environment for everyone, this position requires the incumbent to hold a current and valid Working with Children Check.
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages and culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Applications close: 30 Jan 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time