Research Fellow, Dept of Surgery
The Cardiovascular Single Cell Laboratory at the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine is looking for highly motivated and well-qualified candidates for the post of Research Fellow to work on sncRNA and CRISPR as a tool and potential therapeutic method to attenuate inflammation in atherosclerosis, using patient-specific cells as a platform to evaluate and treat cardiovascular disease. The lab is equipped to perform cellular experimental work (BSL2) on animal and human samples. The lab has strong translational and clinically orientated background with access to clinical data and human tissue. Experimental work is supported by large cardiovascular tissue bank of cardiovascular specimens, plasma and blood cells. Given clinical contacts the lab would provide strong interaction with cardiovascular specialists and clinicians. This position is under the NUS Resilience & Growth Postdoctoral Fellowship.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow would be involved in processing of samples, dissociating tissue to single cells and patient-specific cell culture. Experimental work would be related to miRNA transfection experiments on VSMC, fluorescent activated cell sorting, immunohistochemistry, molecular biology including DNA, RNA and corresponding proteomic work. The candidate is expected to perform, teach and supervise experiments in the Biosafety Level 2 (BSL2) setting, work independently and mentor research staff members and students in the laboratory. Team work spirit would be very appreciated.
- A PhD degree in life science and skilled in handling human tissue and cell culture
- A minimum of 2 years of BSL2 experience with skills in molecular biology
- Immunohistochemistry/immunofluorescence and genetic experience (sncRNA and CRISPR) advantageous
- Ability to mentor and train research staff members and students
- A proven track record of publications, oral presentation and communication skills
- Skills in project management would be appreciated
- Ability to work on grant proposals including writing, meeting with collaborators, and reviewing proposal opportunities
All interested applicants should submit their job application interest, full CV with cover letter and reference letters from three referees with the referees’ contact details.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 9692