Manager, Partnerships and Development
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Multiple Locations
Salary: $126,004 - $131,097 (UOM 9)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
About Asialink Business and Asialink
A part of the Asialink Group, Asialink Business is the National Centre for Asia Capability established with a mandate from the Australian Government to assist organisations to build essential capabilities to engage more effectively with Asian markets. Asialink Business’ major stakeholders include the Commonwealth Government Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources, the University of Melbourne and the Myer Foundation. Asialink Business operates in three main areas: Capability Development, Advisory and Insights, and Public Forums and Events.
Asialink is Australia's premier body promoting Australia-Asia engagement. Asialink works through increasing Asia capabilities and creating connections between Australia and Asia, and is active in education, business, the arts, health, and dialogues. Asialink is a partnership between the University of Melbourne and the Myer Foundation.
About the Role
The Manager, Partnerships and Development will be responsible for lead generation, driving sales, and managing client relationships for all Asialink Business service offerings including the Asialink Leaders Program, customised capability development programs, advisory and insights services, and sponsorships and partnerships.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing business development strategy
- Driving lead generation, including identifying, qualifying and pursuing new business development opportunities
- Proactively engaging with prospects, clients and partners to identify their needs, challenges and requirements
- Executing engagement actions to build the sales pipeline
- Developing and presenting customised solutions to clients through innovative pitch documents and proposals
- Retaining and growing existing clients through strategic account management
- Keeping our CRM system up-to-date and accurate
Please note this is a Fixed term full-time (1.0 FTE) role available until September 2023 and based in Sydney.
You are passionate about driving new business development opportunities and building relationships with prospective and existing clients. You have a strong track record in winning new work through actively engaging with prospects to understand their needs and develop customised solutions. You have natural entrepreneurial approach, leadership skills, and exceptional communication style, along with an ability to influence and negotiate with senior level stakeholders.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Postgraduate qualifications (in business or marketing) and/or extensive experience in business development
- Demonstrated track record in a B2B services sales environment in managing and building clients relationships
- Proven competencies in prospecting/qualifying targets, building networks, sales/account planning, developing business development strategies, pitching and presenting
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Natural interest and awareness of contemporary Australia Asia business and cultural issues
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave options
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
We recognise that our employees are at the core of all our successes and achievements. We value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. We promote inclusive behaviour, and we actively seek to learn from each other. Indigenous Australians are strongly encouraged to apply for our roles.
If you feel this role is right for you, please submit your application including a brief cover letter, your resume and your responses against the selection criteria* (found in the Position Description) for the role.
*For information to help you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria and competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Applications close: 20 Jan 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Daylight Time