Research Assistant/Associate, Centre for Sleep and Cognition
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Assistant / Research Associate in the Sleep and Health Laboratory, Centre for Sleep and Cognition, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Research at the Sleep and Health Laboratory focuses on the importance of sleep in cognitive, mental, and physical health. Appointments will be made on a 1-year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant / Research Associate will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the various studies on time. The Research Assistant / Research Associate’s principal role will be to work in general practices such as IRB application, participant recruitment, data collection and analyses, as well as manuscript and report writing.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant / Research Associate will need to:
- oversee the general management of studies;
- provide administrative and secretarial support to studies, such as organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other research teams at the Centre for Sleep and Cognition;
- undertake the day to day running of the various studies, e.g. recruitment, data collection in the laboratory and at participants’ homes;
- process and analyse data;
- assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the studies;
- maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
The applicant should:
- have a first degree with good results (Research Assistant position) or holds a Master’s degree (Research Associate position) in Psychology or related disciplines; preferably with some experience in research;
- be able to work independently and in a team, have an investigative nature, attention to detail; and
- be able to use SPSS / SAS / R / Matlab; good command of E-prime and Python would be an advantage.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No