Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Fixed-Term until 30 June 2023 I Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 6
$81,377 - $86,765 pa
Senior Research Fellow
Under general to broad direction, the Research Officer will provide high level research assistance on research projects aiming to improve care for people with palliative care needs. This position, under general to broad direction, will focus on evidence review and synthesis and the development of content for the CareSearch and palliAGED websites.
Key Position Responsibilities
The Research Officer is accountable for:
- Supporting the achievement of the project objectives by assisting the Project Research Team to successfully plan and deliver project activities and milestones and meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Identifying, appraising and developing content and resources for the palliAGED and CareSearch websites aligned with the project deliverables. Assisting in data collection and analysis as required.
- Conducting literature searches, draft literature reviews and maintaining an endnote database.
- Assisting in the drafting, formatting and submission of academic manuscripts, project reports and other outputs.
- Supporting the planning and timely execution of project and research activities through effective collaborations with community and industry partners involved in the development and review of content, resources, and digital products.
- Some out of hours work (including weekends) as well as rural SA, interstate and overseas travel, may be required.
- Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Degree‐qualified with post qualification experience working in an aged care and/or palliative care research setting undertaking high level research assistance.
- High level written communication skills and experience in evidence retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to critically appraise and synthesise the literature in relevant fields.
- Experience working with people with a range of health professional groups and community groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multidisciplinary team using online applications.
- An understanding of contemporary issues in palliative care, aged care and consumer engagement and an understanding of challenges in digital translation and social marketing in health.
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise tasks and work to tight deadlines.
- Experience undertaking literature searches and proficiency in Endnote.
Information for Applicants:
ou are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply.
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
26 Jan 2022