Assistant Professor, Health Regulation
Duke-NUS Medical School (Duke-NUS) is Singapore’s only graduate-entry medical school with Signature Research Programmes in Emerging Infectious Disease, Health Services and Systems Research, Cancer and Stem Cell Biology, Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders, and Neuroscience and Behavioural Disorders.
SingHealth is the largest provider of medical services in Singapore, with a network of acute hospitals, national specialty centres, community hospitals and polyclinics offering over 40 clinical specialties. It aims to drive the transformation of healthcare and provide affordable, accessible and quality healthcare. Together, Duke-NUS and SingHealth form the SingHealth Duke-NUS Academic Medical Centre (AMC).
The Centre of Regulatory Excellence (CoRE) was established at Duke-NUS in 2014 with the mission of establishing regional platforms and networks to grow competencies, build capacity and promote thought leadership in regulatory science and health policy. CoRE offers a strong education portfolio to strengthen capacity and capability in health product regulation spanning pharmaceutical and medical devices among industry and regulators. CoRE promotes regulatory thought leadership and policy innovation as well as regulatory systems strengthening. Building on this foundation, CoRE is expanding its broader health regulation focus and, in particular, will be collaborating in a project with Singapore’s Ministry of Health (MOH) to engage in research and horizon scanning on specific areas in healthcare services.
CoRE is recruiting an Assistant Professor to lead the new health regulation team. The aim of this new team is to provide well-researched, comprehensive specific topic reports in healthcare services and conduct horizon scanning in the area of digital health. The selected candidate will lead and provide guidance to the project team in planning, researching and preparing topic specific reports and ensure the quality of the final reports. The detailed job scope includes but not limited to the following: -
- Lead the team to work effectively to produce regular high quality reports.
- Provide guidances to the scope and details for horizon scanning.
- Provide guidance and oversight to identify and research on new regulatory policies, best practices and benchmarks for the respective topics.
- Collaborate effectively with relevant stakeholder and with MOH.
- Identify and collaborate with stakeholders locally and internationally as relevant to the projects.
- Identify and apply research strategies needed to cover comprehensively the identified health care topics.
- Provide guidance to research methods that may entail qualitative interviews, quantitative data, surveys, and clinical data.
- Ensure that high quality reports are produced timely on specified healthcare topics.
- Reviewing the final reports and ensuring appropriate quality.
- Organise domain knowledge sharing sessions for the topics.
- Lead the team to organise and/or contribute to the organisation of activities such as conferences, roundtables, focus group discussions, and seminars/webinars.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein, including contributing to occasional educational/instructional activities.
- PhD with background in medical or health-related field, public health, business administration or science with minimum 7 to 10 years of relevant work experience in public policy or healthcare, with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Candidates with a Master’s Degree and have more years of relevant experience may be considered for an Associate Director position.
- Possess a strong interest and desire to work on health regulation and policy.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Have knowledge and experience working with health care regulation in Singapore and globally.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders and have excellent writing and presentation skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to handle ambiguity well and remain flexible in a quick changing environment.
- Possess strong organisational capabilities with the ability to work flexibly and independently.