Senior Client Side Project Manager
The Senior Client Side Project Manager will provide a total service in connection with the evaluation, planning, coordination, procurement, execution and timely completion of individual building/ refurbishment/infrastructure/remodelling projects within the Estates Strategy and wider-University Strategy.
The post-holder will ensure compliance, at all stages of a project, with Estates Project Procedures, Good Practice, National Audit Office and Funding Council requirements, and other internal University guidelines; value for money and fitness for purpose.
Recruiting to this post
In order to be considered for interview, candidates must evidence each of the essential criteria required for the role in the person specification below (including those listed in the section 'Realising Your Potential Approach').
In some cases, the recruiting panel may also consider the desirable criteria, so we recommend you evidence all criteria in your application.
Please note that some criteria will only be considered at interview stage.
What you are required to submit
1. A CV.
2. A covering letter which details your experience, strengths and potential in all of the requirements set out in the Person Specification.
3. The completed questions requested as part of the application.
Please ensure that you submit all documentation listed above or your application will not be considered.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to develop excellent working relationships both internally and externally.
2. Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office.
3. Educated to degree level, or equivalent, or a Professional Qualification in a construction/building related discipline, or equivalent experience.
4. Relevant industry and professional recognition and certification of achievement of skills and knowledge.
5. Regulatory, local and national professional knowledge and experience of compliance.
6. Experience of providing specialist advice and guidance to a range of customers and colleagues, including more senior colleagues.
7. Continuing professional development required to maintain professional recognition.
8. Experience of being able to network effectively and develop strong and productive working relationships.
9. Ability to solve problems and resolve issues, plan solutions and make pragmatic decisions.
10. Experience of delivering and developing specialist services for buildings, estates, services, or IT provision.
11. Health and safety compliance knowledge.
12. Extensive knowledge and experience of ensuring compliance with regulatory and organisational policy and guidelines.
13. Experience of implementing policy and procedures and involvement with future changes for a service area.
14. Ability to contribute to planning at operational and strategic levels.
15. Track record of management and development experience and/or an enhanced management qualification applied across a large service team or teams.
16. Exceptional attention to detail.
17. Experience of managing budgets.