Clinical Manager, Wellness Centre Psychology
- Full time, continuing appointment
- Teaching focused level C salary $123,961 to $145,238
- 17% superannuation and 6 weeks annual leave
- Casuarina Campus
Utilise your clinical psychology experience and leadership skills to oversee the operations of the Wellness Centre at CDU
We are a new world university. Like our namesake, Charles Darwin, we think differently. We innovate, embrace new ideas, and strive to act with courage and kindness. We're about what we can give to the world rather than what we take, and we believe in the transformative power of education. We value diversity and our culture of belonging to make deep and abiding connections with our staff, students, First Nations peoples and the wider community. We will be Australia's most connected university with our people at the heart of all we do. Because we believe you make CDU. That is the CDU difference.
The College of Health and Human Sciences at Charles Darwin University is evolving. We are strengthening our portfolio of flourishing programs; with a strong research base and exceptional community links, we are increasing opportunities for students in a range of programs. We are looking for people to join our successful teams. This role will both challenge and reward, offer flexibility and career development. It comes with genuine work-life balance, which will allow you the time to explore some of Australia's best-kept secrets that are right here on Darwin's doorstep.
About the Position
As the Clinical Manager – Wellness Centre Psychology, you will oversee the operations of the Psychology services provided as part of the Wellness Centre to ensure that it operates safely for students and clients, to the highest professional standards, and in a manner conducive to fostering teaching and research. In addition to overseeing clinical governance and operations, you will also provide individual and small group supervision with clinical psychology interns.
To be successful, you will possess:
- A postgraduate level qualification in clinical psychology.
- Current registration to practice as a psychologist with area of practice endorsement in clinical psychology.
- Psychology Board of Australia Approved Supervisor and supervision experience.
- Knowledge of principles of psychological practice, training, assessment and intervention.
- Familiarity with prescribed standards as specified by the Psychology Board of Australia and the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council.
- Demonstrated experience delivering positive, innovative solutions to complex strategic and operational issues.
- Well-developed team leadership skills.
- Demonstrated organisation and time management skills.
- Proven ability to use initiative and assume responsibility for tasks and projects.
- Experienced working with people with a range of psychological disorders, including both adults and children, and accomplished in psychological assessment and therapies.
- Experience managing a psychological practice.
- Highly effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to establish strategic alliances with internal, external and international organisations
To view the full responsibilities of the role, please click on the: Position Profile
All applications must be received online via the following link - https://cdu.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/clinical-manager-wellness-centre-psychology-1159 and should include a cover letter and a detailed resume.
For any application enquiries, please contact Prof Mitchell Byrne on 08 8946 7655 or email email@example.com.
Charles Darwin University values inclusion and diversity in the workplace and aims to achieve a workforce that is representative of the community it serves. We encourage applications from Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The Chief Health Officer Covid-19 Directions (No.55) 2021 (“the Directions”) made under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 applies to workers in the role you are applying for and you will be requested to evidence your current COVID-19 vaccination status.
Applications Close: Friday 11th February 2022