Senior Lecturer, Occupational Health and Safety/Ergonomics
- Teach into the Master of Occupational Health and Safety program
- Academic Level C plus 17% super and flexible work arrangements
- Full-time, continuing position, based at the RMIT City Campus
About the School
The School of Property, Construction and Project Management sits within the College of Design and Social Context and is a premier provider of Construction Management, Project Management and Property programs in the Asia Pacific region.
Within the School, we have a strong industry-focused approach to education and research, where people and companies from across industry become active supporters, advisors and participants in the education process. We maintain extensive relationships with more than 200 industry connections through the Employer of Choice program, which provides students with structured employment experience in industry settings and preferential access to employers.
About the School of Property Construction and Project Management
Information about the Masters of Occupational Health and Safety
About the position
he Senior Lecturer will contribute to the teaching and research efforts of the School in Human Factors and Ergonomics, and Occupational Health and Safety
The incumbent is to make a significant contribution to the delivery of programs and to be actively involved in research and consulting. The Senior Lecturer will develop, engage in and lead high quality research projects that are aligned with the University's research focus areas to achieve success in attracting research funding and to produce high quality outputs. They will have an important research leadership role in embedding their research expertise into the life of the School and will be required to develop high-quality, productivity-driven networks across RMIT and with local, national and global, internal and external partners. The Senior Lecturer may have responsibility for program management.
To be successful in this position, you'll have as a minimum:
- Experience coordinating large courses and prepare and delivery programs at undergraduate and post-graduate levels
- Demonstrated ability to support student issues related to effective learning.
- Emerging nationally recognised research track record including substantial record of research outputs in high quality outlets.
- Extensive experience in research leadership with the ability to build and develop collaborative research teams, mentor academic staff and manage funded research projects.
- Extensive experience in supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- PhD or equivalent in relevant field.
- Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children check
Preferred: Applicants that are Certified Professional Ergonomist (or its equivalence) with practical and teaching experience in general Occupational Health and Safety.
Please submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this position. Click on the "apply" link below.
For further information, please reach out to Professor Peter Wong, Associate Dean - Construction Management via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 11:55 pm, Sunday 6 February 2022
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, partially vaccinated with a booking for a further dose by 26 November 2021 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19.