Research Engineer, Biomedical Engineering
We are looking for highly motivated candidates with relevant training and expertise in robotics system design, sensing, and control to at the NUS Biorobotics Lab with the Department of Biomedical Engineering. Candidate will be employed as Research Engineer to work on assistive robotics and human robot interaction. General scope of work including: mechanism design, real-time control system software development, dynamic modelling, control system design, intelligent sensing, AI and machining learning and testing.
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical engineering, Computer Science, or Biomedical Engineering. The candidates should have expertise and practical experience and track record in at least one of the following technical areas:
- Robot mechanisms and actuators design. Robot arm, robotic hand and end effectors, mobile platforms, kinematics and dynamics modelling and analysis. Practical experience with design for manufacturing.
- Hardware and software development with embedded system, real-time control, and ROS.
- Intelligent control system design for robotics systems. .
- Intelligent sensing and machine learning, including visual and tactile, for robot manipulation and grasping.
- Design and control for physical human robot interaction.
- Strong communication skills in both oral and written English.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 11599