Research Fellow, Science / Engineering
Responsibilities of the Research Fellow include:
- Developing a self-sustainable thermophilic anaerobic digestion system to improve the AD performance of food waste.
- Enhancing the start-up and productivity of AD through the addition of biological enhancement additives.
- Using bio-augmentation of microbial consortia to reduce start-up time of thermophilic AD processes and to break down plastics.
- PhD degree in Science or Engineering.
- Research experience in related areas such as anaerobic digestion of municipal solid waste are required for the position.
- Both experimental and numerical skills (CFD, Matlab) are needed for the position.
- Independent, resourceful and able to work in a team.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), good English writing skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priority and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: NUS Environmental Research Institute