Research Analyst, South Asia
Established in 2004, the Institute of South Asian Studies (ISAS) is an autonomous research institute at the National University of Singapore. It is dedicated to research on contemporary South Asia. The Institute seeks to promote understanding of this vital region of the world, and to communicate knowledge and insights about it to policy makers, the business community, academia and civil society, in Singapore and beyond.
We are looking to appoint Research Analyst as part of our research and administrative teams.
The candidate’s research focus should be on one or more of the following areas relating to South Asia:
- Politics, Society and Governance
- International Relations and Multilateralism
- Trade and Economics
- New Technologies
- Sustainability and the Environment
- South Asian Diaspora
- Successfully completed his/her Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in International Relations or South Asian Studies.
- Have a strong theoretical and empirical grounding in the areas of South Asian politics and development.
- Preferably has copyediting and proofreading experience, technical expertise and creative abilities to manage a diverse range of publications.
Interested candidates are invited to send their cover letter, detailed resume and a written paper/article (preferably in relation to South Asia) in one single PDF attachment.
Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are our utmost priorities and COVID-19 vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant physical interactions with student/staff/members of the public. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated individuals will not be able to work in NUS’ premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
 MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures.