Post Doctoral Fellow
Post Doctoral Fellow
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, a Postdoctoral fellow tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the development of tactile sensing sensor system using the paradigm of Electrical Impedance Tomography (EIT), yet driven by machine/deep learning.
- Design and implement machine/deep learning methods for (i) the solution of the inverse problem in EIT, (ii) static and dynamic stimulus recognition, applied to both objects and human touch, (iv) integration, testing and validation of the tactile sensing system.
- Investigate new methods of solving the ill-posed and non-linear problem of image reconstruction, for instance, through extensive literature review, on representation schemes (i.e., transform coding), coupled with machine learning, but also deep learning approaches, e.g., Generative Adversarial Networks (GAN) to produce regularization functionals.
- Identify and implement computational architectures for static and dynamic stimuli, e.g., CNN+LSTM, RNN, exploring the use of spatiotemporal features.
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of high level programming languages (e.g., MATLAB, Python), and be competent in developing software applications for deployment in GPUs/HPC, etc.
- Write independently, as directed by the project investigator, publications for submission to Q1 journals and premier computer science conferences.
- Take responsibility for reporting technical progress to the project investigator, periodically and in a timely manner.
- Carry out a specified research program under the direction of the project investigator.
- Collaborate and work in a collegial manner with the project team members.
- Support the project team in the advancement of the research program.
- Function autonomously, ethically, and responsibly.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Artificial Intelligence or related discipline.
- Strong background/experience in machine/deep learning and the broad area of AI.
- Desired experience in some of the following areas: Electrical Impedance Tomography, processing of sensor signals, image segmentation, image reconstruction and more broadly, inverse problems.
- Demonstrable ability to develop software code in MATLAB/Python, including running applications in GPUs or HPC.
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, without direct supervision, and team player skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good research achievements, including publications in reputable journals, and international conferences.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time