Associate/ Full Professor, Accounting and Finance
In line with UAEU mission and vision, the College of Business and Economics (CBE), AACSB accredited since 2000, redefined its strategy, accordingly, reflecting its ambition to «be, from a business angle, a catalyst for technologically-driven innovation in relation with the digital economy and the 4IR», and focusing on
- leadership, managerial, business and economic challenges in relation with the 4IR, the digital economy, technologically-driven innovation, and induced business-model innovation;
- accelerated development of graduate education; and
- strengthening corporate relations and internationalization.
Job Description: As part of this strategy, the CBE now seeks to appoint a highly motivated academic for a full-time position as ASSOCIATE / FULL PROFESSOR in Auditing in the Department of Accounting and Finance starting January 2022. The candidate is expected to engage actively in promoting the growth of the Accounting program and the College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University. The Accounting and Finance Department is reputable for excellence in accounting and finance education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting and finance thought. The Department is part of the oldest and largest University in the UAE and the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance and society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Accounting (with emphasis on Auditing, with significant leaning towards the emerging component elements of 4IR and the digital economy such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics/big data science, etc.);
- Engage in innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading international Accounting journals;
- Provide leadership in auditing research, supporting the development of new researchers and colleagues
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Contribute to the service mission of the University including policymaking;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair and the College Dean.
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in Accounting, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE. All enquiries about this job may be directed to Dr. Mayada Youssef (Mayada_Youssef@uaeu.ac.ae)
- Earned PhD degree in Accounting from an internationally recognized university with emphasis on Auditing;
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching auditing at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Strong research record in leading international Accounting journals especially in auditing and data analytics;
- Mastering computer skills especially auditing and data analytics related software;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English; and
- Very good interpersonal skills.
In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates with:
- Additional qualification in one of the component areas of 4IR and the digital economy (such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, data analytics/data science, etc.); and
- Professional experience
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Accounting and Finance-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty