Research Associate, SIDRA
- Masters | PhD
- Singapore | Closing On 10 Feb 2022
contract till 31 March 2024
Singapore Management University is a place where high-level professionalism blends together with a healthy informality. The 'family-like' atmosphere among the SMU community fosters a culture where employees work, plan, organise and play together – building a strong collegiality and morale within the university.
Our commitment to attract and retain talent is ongoing. We offer attractive benefits and welfare, competitive compensation packages, and generous professional development opportunities – all to meet the work-life needs of our staff. No wonder, then, that SMU continues to be given numerous awards and recognition for its human resource excellence.
- Conduct research into industry standards, practices, and developments in dispute resolution processes and policies resulting from China’s Belt & Road Initiative
- Articulate findings and analysis, and produce highest-quality academic and non-academic publications and products, including organizing and participating in events, trainings and workshops
- Liaise with industry leaders and experts and partner/counterpart organisationso Lead and/or assist with editing, formatting, cite-checking, and revision processes
- Oversee short-term interns or student research assistantso Liaise with Centre Manager to draw up necessary event budgets, execute vendor agreements, and ensure standard operating procedure compliance
- Other administrative or operational duties as necessary
- Post-doctorate, or post-graduate degree (LLM or JD) in law. Background in international dispute resolution, trade law, investment law, comparative law, Asian studies or Chinese law is a plus.
- Essential Requirements:
- Fluent (written and spoken) in Mandarin or another major Asian language
- Passion or interest for the international dispute resolution field
- Proven writing ability of the highest calibre; journal publication is a plus
- Advanced legal research skills, familiarity with major databases
- Detail-oriented; passionate about qualityo Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with academic, government, legal profession and private sector stakeholders
- Great attitude and open-minded
- Comfortable working occasional odd hours
- Desirable Requirements
- Team player and problem-solver with a can-do attitude; ability to multi-task efficiently; comfortable taking initiative and working with minimal oversight