Senior Learning and Teaching Specialist
- Full-time, Continuing position
- Salary Level HEW 8 + 17% Superannuation and Flexible Working Arrangements
- Based at the Melbourne CBD campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University
Reporting to the Principal Advisor, you will support academic and teaching staff to transform practice and strive for excellence in learning and teaching. You will play a key role in providing essential professional development to numerous stakeholders. You will work collaboratively in the College LT team to design and deliver professional development and capability-building activities related to excellence in teaching and student outcomes.
You will also provide support, resources and advice to staff in forward-thinking and evidence-based strategies to transform pedagogical and scholarly innovation and quality practice in blended learning and course design and development.
In addition, you will contribute to and coordinate L&T projects that align with University and College L&T goals and meet the needs of various stakeholders.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Expertise in HE curriculum design, development and assessment approaches for face-to-face, blended and online learning modes, based on contemporary educational research and theory.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and leading educational projects and professional development initiatives.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to forge collaborative and productive relationships that influence improvements in learning and teaching quality.
- Sound knowledge of the principles and practices for quality assurance and learning and teaching related policy and frameworks (e.g. AQF, TEQSA) within the tertiary education environment.
- Highly motivated and pro-active mindset with a proven track record in delivering responsive service and advice to academic and teaching staff.
- Demonstrated research or professional experience in an area of education specialisation such as learning and teaching development, academic integrity, English Language support, employability, rewards and recognition, assessment, curriculum design and development, evaluation methods, reconciliation and belonging.
- Ideally, a Bachelor degree or equivalent in a teaching or training or related discipline.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children Check.
About Teaching and Academic Staff Support (within College of Design and Social Context)
Design and deliver professional development; build and coordinate communities of practice; reward and recognition frameworks including teaching awards, fellowships, promotions.
- Supporting teaching & academic staff at all career levels to improve teaching excellence.
- Curriculum, assessment, blended learning and pedagogy consultation and evaluation.
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development sessions and programs for individuals, course teaching teams.
- Supporting teaching staff at all career levels to improve and recognise teaching excellence through rewards and scholarship.
- Coordinate and facilitate professional development sessions.
- Advice and professional learning to enhance course design and development in AI, English language support.
Please submit your CV and covering letter addressing your suitability for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
For further information about this position, please see Position Description below or contact Helen McLean via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on Sunday, 30th January at 11:59 pm.
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 95,000 students and 10,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
Our purpose is to offer life-changing experiences for our students, and to help shape the world with research, innovation, teaching and industry engagement. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally focused graduates.
Our Values inspire us, wherever we are in the world, and guide how we live and work together.
Imagination. Agility. Courage. Passion. Impact. Inclusion.
What unites us is our purpose and our values; they are at the heart of who we are, what we stand for, how we make decisions and connect with each other.
Our people make everything at the University possible. We encourage new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and collaborative team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and transparent work practices.
Bring Your Whole Self to Work
We are better for our diversity. When we listen to those who are different to us, or challenge us, we grow stronger together. When we feel like we belong, we can achieve so much more. We respect each other, embrace our differences and build a sense of belonging in our team and beyond.
We are proud that our dedication to diversity has been recognised by a broad spectrum of external organisations. Visit our Linkedin Life pages to learn more and see some of our most recent wins.
RMIT has a strong dhumbali (commitment) to the employment, development and retention of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people within a culturally safe environment; we strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at TalentSupport@rmit.edu.au telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
Please note that whilst we still accept applications from any persons interested in our roles, due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications from those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia's immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
The COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions, made under the Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008 (Vic) and as amended and replaced from time to time (Directions), affect all persons employed or engaged to perform work by RMIT.
As such, offers of employment from RMIT are conditional upon the applicant being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or medically exempt and providing satisfactory evidence of the same. You can access the Directions here: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorias-restriction-levels-covid-19.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.