Research Fellow, Microbiome with Strong Scientific Writing Skill
A postdoctoral research fellow position is immediately available at the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Our lab is particularly interested in understanding the role of microbiome associated with gastrointestinal diseases— specifically through the use of multi-omic approaches, by integrating molecular biology, metabolomics, and gut microbiome, to uncover novel biological network and novel therapeutics for gastrointestinal diseases such as IBD, NAFLD, and gastrointestinal malignancies such as gastric cancer and colorectal cancer. Clinical samples such as blood, tissue and stool will be collected and banked for future use.
- Responsible for the lab-based molecular work according to strict methodologies (DNA extraction from blood, tissue and stool samples, PCR, Elisa, IHC etc.)
- Responsible for the ethics (IRB) submission and communication
- Responsible for strengthening and expanding existing research programs. Work closely with PI and collaborators to identify quality collaborations
- Apply new grant for external funding of research activities and assist research manager with writing progress reports for grantors
- Write papers and conference abstract
- Supervising research assistants and responsible for lab risk assessment and safety measurement
- Be responsible for Data analysis and statistical analysis of the research studies
- Publish work in peer-reviewed journals independently
- Assist PI in grant reports and communication with grantor
- Meticulous and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work independently in a corporate as well as laboratory setting
- Work collaboratively with other research groups
- Critical thinking and systematic problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Keen interest in scientific literature, keeps up to date with relevant research publications
- Experience in laboratory research and molecular biology techniques will be advantageous.
- Well-organized and able to clearly summarize and present information and data obtained
Requires a doctorate degree. Master's degrees with experience can also be considered. Must have a strong research background. Grant or report writing experience and experience of coordinating research grant projects also are valuable. Fresh PhD graduates are welcome to apply.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No