Senior Lecturer, S R Nathan School of Human Development
SUSS is a university with a rich heritage in inspiring lifelong education and transforming society through social sciences. SUSS develops work-ready graduates and work-adaptive alumni to their fullest potential through our 3H’s education philosophy – ‘Head’ for professional competency with applied knowledge, ‘Heart’ for social awareness of the needs of the society, and ‘Habit’ for passion towards lifelong learning. SUSS offers over 70 undergraduate and graduate programmes, available in full- and part-time study modes which are flexible, modular and inter-disciplinary, catering to both fresh school leavers and adult learners. SUSS also offers a broad range of continuing education and training modular courses for the professional skills upgrading of Singapore's workforce.
Applications are invited for an open-rank faculty position in the discipline of Social Work at the S R Nathan School of Human Development, Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS).
The successful candidate will join the Social Work cluster in the S R Nathan School of Human Development and will be expected to teach and conduct research in Social Work
The successful candidate will fulfil the following essential requirements:
- PhD in Social Work from an internationally recognised university.
- Experience in teaching and project supervision at the undergraduate level
- A record of publications in relevant and reputable academic journals
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of integrity
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team, keep abreast of developments in their fields, think strategically, and be a role model to students
- Familiar with the Social Landscape in Singapore
- Have some experience in adult education
The following qualities are desirable:
- Experience of teaching and mentorship at the postgraduate level
- At least 3 years work experience in the Social Service Sector
Preference will also be given to candidates who are able to teach in one or more of the following areas:
- Social Casework
- Community Development
- Social Research
- Children and Family
- Reflective Practice