7 days left
- Full Time
Applicants must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK as BPP is unable to provide visa sponsorship
Job Profile IT - Architecture
Contract Type Permanent
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing applications, API and database components in the BPP Architecture. They will ensure all work is carried out to the highest standard in line with industry best practice following the BPP SDLC process. They will contribute to, and be responsible for, the continuous change and Never Stand Still attitude of the IT Department and business as a whole.
- Estimate, develop, unit test and document all application, front-end, back-end, API, database and system components in line with Architecture strategy.
- Act as an SME for identified internal applications & components and share knowledge as appropriate through wiki documentation and handover sessions.
- Ensure all coding and development is carried out in line with the BPP SDLC, coding standards and guidelines.
- Contribute to the development team and squad on all activities during the sprint including development of user stories and defects, peer code reviews/feedback, backlog requirements refinement, QA validation, releases, deployment, sprint review and retrospective sessions.
- Working very closely with testers and other developers to fully meet expected acceptance criteria and ensure the right level of quality standards are met.
- Identify root cause of productions issues and defects, recommending paths to resolve, and fixing where appropriate.
- Provide continual support to business-critical applications, components and processes, and assist application support, service desk and other relevant teams where needed.
- Liaise with the business, QA and other relevant teams to clarify and validate low level requirements and features.
- Work directly with the Architecture team to ensure designs are accurate and understood.
- Feedback to the Technical Lead and Head of Software Development in a timely manner on any/all risks to BPP as/if they present themselves.
Department Technology - Architecture
Vacancy location UK, North West, Manchester St James's
- Qualified to BSc/BA level with a highly technical, programming or a Computer Science related degree
- Significant experience in a similar development role
- Demonstrable skills in the following areas;
- PHP (Moodle/Totara)
- Database technologies (Oracle or MS SQL Server or MySQL)
- Multi-tier Enterprise
- Cloud Platforms
- Development Methodologies
- Experience in Agile, Scrum/Kanban
- Full end to end SDLC appreciation
- Business-focused with the ability to quickly understand a problem or situation and develop an approach to drive forward solutions.
- Able to take account of wider, strategic objectives when dealing with operational pressure.
- Demonstrable ability to apply relevant industry and process standards to all tasks undertaken.
- Dedicated to ensuring own technical skills and specialisations are kept up to date in line with industry developments
- Able to develop effective partner relationships with key stakeholders
- Effective in anticipating and understanding customer expectations and ensure customer requirements are met and expectations appropriately managed.
- Effective communication skills suitable for the management of and liaison with departmental staff and senior management, both on a one to one and one to many basis.
- A strong team player, willing to share knowledge, drive ideas and solutions and provide quality information.
Contract Hours 37.50
Full Job Description