Research Fellow, Mineral Processing, Level BRF
- Based in the Future Industries Institute at the Mawson Lakes Campus
- Full-time, two (2) year fixed term contract
- Commencement Salary: $101,784 per annum (plus 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Research Fellow: Minerals Processing will contribute to the research effort of Future Industries Institute (FII) and develop expertise through strategic basic and applied research projects under the Australian Research Council (ARC) Centre of Excellence (CoE) for Enabling the Eco-Beneficiation of Minerals. In particular, the successful candidate will undertake research into the use of flotation and physical separation methods for the processing of low grade, complex ores.
This project is part of an Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence, linking UniSA with University and industry partners across Australia and internationally.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
About UniSA STEM & Future Industries Institute (FII)
At the forefront of cross-disciplinary collaboration, UniSA STEM is developing the next wave of innovative thinkers and new possibilities. Harnessing connections across science, technology, engineering and mathematics, we create innovative solutions and groundbreaking developments across teaching, learning and research.
Our graduates are entrepreneurs and trailblazers, who design and build the world they want to live in. UniSA STEM also incorporates leading edge research organisations; the Future Industries Institute, the Australian Research Centre for Interactive and Virtual Environments and the Centre for Industrial Artificial Intelligence (AI).
The Future Industries Institute brings together world-class strength in high-tech manufacturing, nanomedicine, minerals and resource engineering plus environmental science, with the end goal of building economic growth through innovative partnerships and translational research. The Institute builds on the significant capability, infrastructure and reputation of the University’s existing research strengths and substantial research infrastructure and supports state and national research priorities
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD degree in Minerals Processing, Process/Metallurgical Engineering, or equivalent along with relevant post PhD research experience
- Demonstrated skills and experience in froth flotation, physical separation and hydrometallurgy in minerals processing
- Proven record of peer reviewed publications and conference presentations
- Demonstrated high level of communication and computer literacy skills, including presentation of scientific results to various stakeholders
- Proven ability to work cooperatively in a research team with staff and students from diverse backgrounds
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- Various on-site services available at our campuses which may include on-site gym membership
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sara Heidrich, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 3799.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Wednesday 26 January 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.