Assistant/ Associate Professor in Finance, with a focus on Financial Technologies, Fintech
A full time faculty at the rank of Assistant/Associate Professor in Finance is required in the Department of Accounting and Finance (United Arab Emirates University) starting January 2022. The candidate is expected to actively engage in promoting the growth of the Finance program and the College of Business & Economics (CBE) at UAE University. The Accounting and Finance Department is reputable for excellence in accounting and finance education and research in the UAE and within the GCC and the MENA region. It aspires to be one of the leading global centers for accounting and finance thought. The Department is part of the oldest and largest University in the UAE and the only AACSB-Accounting Accredited department in GCC and MENA region. Our undergraduate and postgraduate programs provide the practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for navigating and providing leadership for the complex global world of business; and helps them develop the skills needed for participation in society. Our faculty experts research a broad range of topics that provide insights into new ways of thinking and learning for accounting, finance and society.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The appointed candidate will be expected to:
- Develop and teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses in finance (with emphasis on Fintech);
- Engage in innovative approaches to learning and teaching;
- Publish high quality research in leading finance journals;
- Participate in the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate research projects and/or dissertations;
- Participate in committee at the departmental, college and/or university levels as assigned;
- Actively engage in promoting the growth of the UAE University; and
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
The application package should include a cover letter indicating how you meet the selection criteria, a detailed resume, teaching philosophy, courses taught, professional designations/expertise in finance, and a brief description of current/future research activities. English is the language of instructions and communication in the CBE. All enquiries about this job may be directed to Dr. Mayada Youssef (firstname.lastname@example.org ), Chair of the Accounting and Finance Department.
A PhD degree in Finance from an internationally recognized university (preferably with emphasis on Fintech);
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and outcome assessment;
- Experience in teaching Finance (especially Fintech) at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels;
- Demonstrated ability to publish in leading finance journals;
- Mastering computer skills especially specialized Fintech software
- Ability to communicate effectively in English
- Very good interpersonal skills.
A PhD degree in Finance (Fintech specialization and Islamic Finance are preferred). In addition, preference will be given to candidates with experience, strong research and publication potential/record in Fintech (or related areas) such as blockchain technology, cryptocurrency, e-payment, security and privacy issues in financial applications, computational and quantitative finance, and any area related to financial technology. Industrial and professional experience is a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicant Please submit your application online at https://jobs.uaeu.ac.ae/search.jsp
Division College of Bsns & Economics-(CBE)
Department Accounting and Finance-(CBE)
Job Close Date open until filled
Job Category Academic - Faculty