Research Administration Officer
- Full time fixed term until December 2022
- Utilise your extensive administrative research skills to support the needs of Neurosciences unit
- Base Salary $78,077 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The Neurosciences unit within the Sydney Medical School are seeking a Research Administration Officer to support the administrative and operational needs of the work area.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- coordinate all small grant administration and support within the ForeFront group ensuring ethics compliance, and tracking finances
- coordinate all student administration within the ForeFront group, and assists with the administrative running of the ForeFront group by coordinating and minuting all work meetings
- support the research activity and administrative requirements of the work area, including coordinating calendars and travel requirements of senior staff
- prepare and submit grant and ethics applications and research publications.
To be successful in this role, you:
- possess administrative, HR support, and/or finance experience
- have experience in developing and working on research projects, including expertise in using research protocols, experimental design, ethics submissions, and grant applications
- can work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work
- have skills in data analysis, and reporting on research administration findings
- have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day-to-day operational matters
- have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement and ability to prioritise workload during busy periods
- have experience with University-based systems.
To keep our community safe please be aware of our COVID safety precautions, which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Monday 24 January 20
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Recruiter name, Recruitment Operations, on Recruiter telephone number or by email to recruiter email address.
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.