Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Brain and Mind Centre
7 days left
- Full Time
- Develop your career in economics research
- Work with a world leading group of academic advisors
- Full time fixed term for one year, offering a base salary of $110,856 - $131,639 p.a., + 17% superannuation with the opportunity for extension.
About the opportunity
The Brain and Mind Centre, has an outstanding opportunity for an Economics Research Fellow to join the team and work on the right care, first time where you live program. The Brain and Mind Centre has been awarded a $12.8 million investment over 5 years from the BHP foundation to connect researchers and communities to support the mental health needs of young people. The Economics Research Fellow will work within an established scientific framework to support the project.
The project brings an evidence-based discipline to investments in Australia's youth mental health systems that will provide young people with timely access to the right level of care, delivered early in the course of illness, and for a sufficiently long-period, to ensure that they thrive economically and socially.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- develop and lead the economics framework,
- work within an established scientific framework to support the right care, first time where you live partnership.
- you will have completed your PhD in public health, economics, or a similar field
- have demonstrated experience in literature searches and literature summaries
- have demonstrated the ability to write for both an academic and non-academic audience
- have demonstrated experience in economics of health outcomes
- have demonstrated experience in quantitative research analysis
- have displayed evidence of cultural competence
- possesses excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to work well with remote and non-English speaking stakeholders
- you will be available to travel both interstate and regionally.
Closing date for applications
11:59 pm, Sunday 30 January 2022
To keep our community safe please be aware of our COVID safety precautions, which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role-required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Cherie Goodwin, Recruitment Operations, on 02 8627 9415 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include the job requisition number in all correspondence.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.