Assistant Professor in Language and Literature
Location(s): Nasinu Campus
Department: Language and Literature
College: College of Humanities and Education
Job Openings: 1
An Assistant Professor has developed his/her own research and teaching interests and is becoming known nationally for his/her work. They will publish regularly in peer-reviewed international journals or other appropriate outlets and are likely to have edited collections of work or meeting proceedings. They will also have chaired sessions at, or have been part of, the organising committees of academic conferences or relevant disciplinary meetings. They should be beginning to show Academic Leadership in their teaching and/or their research speciality and be involved in administrative duties at least at Department/School level.
- PhD in Literature, Linguistics or a closely related field. The candidate should be able to teach courses in either Language subjects (linguistics, practical language teaching including TESL) or Literature.
- Research active.
- Tertiary teaching experience in either Language or Literature. The candidate should have the ability to improve English language and academic skills of students through the teaching of introductory classes in language and literature.
- Experience delivering online education.
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals.
- Experience in academic administration.
- Academic leadership.
Salary: FJ$ 56,942.00 plus 6% superannuation
To explore the post further or for any queries you may contact:
Name: Kunal Prasad Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are to include:
- A covering letter of application addressing each of the criterion of the person specifications above, evidencing how your qualifications and experience meet the criteria. Guide on how to address your claims against the selection criteria can be downloaded from the link below.
This covering letter will form the main basis for shortlisting. Failure to provide this covering letter will result in your application not being considered.
- A detailed CV and certified copies of all academic transcripts, three referees, with full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Candidate should state their relationship with each referee (e.g., line manager, former postgraduate supervisor)
All applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: https://fnu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=fnu .
Applications sent via email or manually for all positions will not be accepted.
Should you have any queries or face difficulty submitting your application online , please email on: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Closing Date: 22nd January, 2022 (Midday 11.59am).
Advisory on Covid-19 vaccination:
Please note that in order to ensure regulatory compliance with the Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) (Amendment) Regulations 2021, it is now mandatory for all employer representatives and staff of FNU to be vaccinated as a condition of employment to protect employers, employees, customers and the general public at workplaces from Covid-19. The successful appointee should have had the first vaccination against COVID-19 by 15th of August 2021 unless exempted by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (proof required). The appointee should have received the second vaccination on or before the 1st of November 2021 unless exempted.