Assistant Professor/ Lecturer in Biosystems Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
Location(s): Koronivia campus
Department: Soil Science & Biosystems Engineering
Division/College: College of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Job Openings: 1
Responsibility: Assistant Professor
An Assistant Professor has developed his/her own research and teaching interests, and is becoming known nationally for his/her work. They will publish regularly in peer-reviewed international journals or other appropriate outlets, and are likely to have edited collections of work or meeting proceedings. They will also have chaired sessions at, or have been part of, the organising committees of academic conferences or relevant disciplinary meetings. They should be beginning to show academic leadership in their teaching and/or their research specialty and be involved in administrative duties at least at Department/School levels.
Person Specification: Assistant Professor in Biosystems Engineering
- Relevant PhD degree in Agricultural Engineering or related area.
- Demonstrate curriculum development experience.
- Ability to take on administrative duties.
- Display academic leadership in teaching and/or in research.
- Formal tertiary teaching qualification.
- Prior teaching experience.
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals.
A Lecturer is qualified to master’s level and has expertise in a particular subject which is taught proficiently at undergraduate level. A Lecturer is research active and is beginning to publish their work in peer-reviewed journals, mainly in lower quartile journals. A Lecturer is involved in the work of their Department and takes on administrative roles that assist the Department to function
Person Specification: Lecturer in Biosystems Engineering
- Masters in Agricultural Engineering plus Bachelors in Agricultural Engineering.
- Research active.
- Show evidence of work published in peer-reviewed journals.
Salary: Assistant Professor - FJ $56,942.00 plus 6% superannuation. Lecturer - FJ $42,248.00 plus 6% superannuation.
To explore the post further or for any queries you may contact:
Name: Kunal Prasad Email: email@example.com
All applications are to include:
- A covering letter of application addressing each of the criterion of the person specifications above, evidencing how your qualifications and experience meet the criteria. Guide on how to address your claims against the selection criteria can be downloaded from the link below.
This covering letter will form the main basis for shortlisting. Failure to provide this covering letter will result in your application not being considered.
- A detailed CV and certified copies of all academic transcripts, three referees, with full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Candidate should state their relationship with each referee (e.g., line manager, former postgraduate supervisor)
All applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: https://fnu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=fnu .
Applications sent via email or manually for all positions will not be accepted.
Should you have any queries or face difficulty submitting your application online , please email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Closing Date: 22nd January, 2022 (Midday 11.59am).
Advisory on Covid-19 vaccination:
Please note that in order to ensure regulatory compliance with the Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) (Amendment) Regulations 2021, it is now mandatory for all employer representatives and staff of FNU to be vaccinated as a condition of employment to protect employers, employees, customers and the general public at workplaces from Covid-19. The successful appointee should have had the first vaccination against COVID-19 by 15th of August 2021 unless exempted by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (proof required). The appointee should have received the second vaccination on or before the 1st of November 2021 unless exempted.