Assistant Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, Accounting/Law/Finance/International Business
The Hong Kong Metropolitan University (HKMU), formerly The Open University of Hong Kong, is a modern, vibrant and dynamic university. We use innovative teaching and education technology to offer world-class education. The University also pursues strategic research in response to the needs of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area (GBA), the rest of the country, and the world.
To spearhead the development of higher education in the GBA, HKMU has been working closely with the Zhaoqing Municipal Government and Zhaoqing University to establish the Hong Kong Metropolitan University (Zhaoqing) (MUZQ), pending the approval of the Ministry of Education.
For more information about the University, please visit https://www.hkmu.edu.hk.
We are now inviting suitable candidate(s) to join us in the Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration for the following post(s):
Assistant Professor / Senior Lecturer / Lecturer (Accounting / Law / Finance / International Business) (Ref: 2200014)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Dean of Lee Shau Kee School of Business and Administration, the appointee shall mainly be responsible for the following:
- Course planning, development, coordination and delivery (including classroom teaching) in related disciplines;
- Undertaking/engaging in scholarly and professional activities;
- Participating in School/University activities and administration; and
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Dean (B&A) or his/her nominee(s).
Candidates should possess the following qualifications, experience and competence:
- An earned doctorate (for Assistant Professor) / A higher degree (for Senior Lecturer / Lecturer) in a related discipline;
- A record of research and, preferably peer-reviewed scholarly publications; (for Assistant Professor)
- A record of professional and/or community services (for Senior Lecturer); and
- Strong communication skills and the ability to use English as the medium of instruction.
The level of appointment depends on the candidate’s academic background, experience and competence in academic leadership, teaching, research, scholarly publications, etc.
Terms and Conditions for Appointment
An attractive remuneration package, including basic salary, an end-of-contract gratuity, and a discretionary incentive payment, where applicable, will be offered to the right candidates. Generous annual leave, staff-development sponsorships, medical and dental benefits, and life insurance coverage will also be provided.
Candidates who are interested in joining us may submit their applications via the University’s eRecruitment System:
Closing date of application: 21 Jan 2022
The personal data collected will be used for the purpose of considering your application for employment. For details, please refer to the “Personal Data (Privacy) Notice for Job Applicant” on the University’s website. If you are not contacted by the University within eight weeks from the closing date of application, you may assume that your application is unsuccessful.