Research Fellow, School of Regulation and Global Governance
Classification: Academic Level B
Salary package: $101,805 - 115,428 plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time (35 hours per week), Fixed Term (2 years)
- Fantastic opportunity to contribute to a new Australian Research Council Discovery Project on global climate and energy governance, with a focus on public finance for energy projects.
- Be a key member of a world leading research school in Australia’s #1 university
- Located in Canberra, you will enjoy working in a beautiful campus environment on the city’s doorstep
RegNet is a dynamic community of scholars from different disciplines united by our interest in governance and regulation. For the last 20 years, RegNet has focused on improving the governance of major social, environmental, economic, and health issues by developing new ways of understanding and responding to these complex problems. The School is known for its paradigm-shifting conceptualisations of regulation and governance as well as its collegial and interdisciplinary approach to knowledge production and dissemination. Read more: http://regnet.anu.edu.au/.
RegNet is located in the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific (CAP), which leads intellectual engagement with the Asia-Pacific region through research, teaching and contributions to public debate, and seeks to set the international standard for scholarship concerning the region.
We are seeking a Research Fellow to work in a research intensive position on an Australian Research Council project on global climate and energy governance. The Research Fellow will be a leading member of a research team investigating the governance of international public finance for energy projects. Research questions will include: how public financing bodies, such as export credit agencies, shape the energy sector, how such bodies assess energy projects, and what global mechanisms can be used to govern them. The Candidate will work closely with Associate Professor Christian Downie as part of the research team. The candidate will join a small, collegial and passionate team of interdisciplinary researchers, PhD students and visiting fellows.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will have a PhD in political science, international relations, regulation and governance or cognate discipline, with a track record of peer reviewed publications on global climate or energy governance. You will have a record of independent research and a demonstrated ability to communicate your research clearly and effectively to diverse stakeholders. To excel in this role, you will also have a strong understanding of global climate and energy politics. The role is research intensive though there will be some teaching responsibilities at the postgraduate level.
What we offer
- A supportive work environment that will nurture your academic career and assist you in building a research, teaching and funding track record for a tenured appointment.
- Generous remuneration and conditions, including 17% superannuation and a range of benefits
To enquire about this opportunity, please contact Associate Professor Christian Downie, E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Description: Level B_PD_ARC Downie_Final.pdf
Closing Date: 13 February 2022
The University actively encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. For more information on employment opportunities, contact our Indigenous Employment Consultant on email@example.com
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
How to Apply
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful candidate must have rights to live and work in this country. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process. An offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results.