Associate Professor, Information Systems and Business Analytics
- Melbourne Burwood campus location
- AUD $147,525- $162,267 p.a + 17% super
- Full-time, continuing opportunity available
Deakin Business School is in the top 1% of business schools globally, holding both AACSB and EQUIS accreditations. Our academic staff are engaged in both pure and applied research across the business and law disciplines and are focused on issues which are of relevance to government, business and community organisations. To this end, we actively seek partnerships with these organisations, other like-minded universities and alumni.
The Information Systems and Business analytics group (ISBA) is a leading, interdisciplinary department that focuses on how digital technologies, artificial intelligence and business analytics transform work, facilitate innovation and business decisions in order to guide organizations to success.
An exciting leadership opportunity is now available to join the the Department where, as the successful individual you will undertake outstanding research, be passionate about and delivering excellent teaching, and provide leadership to junior academics and PhD students.
This is a full-time, continuing position based in Melbourne, the cultural capital of Australia, renowned around the world for its relaxed atmosphere, prominent sporting events and festivities, fantastic restaurants, parks and sports clubs, as well as its close proximity to beautiful landscapes and countryside.
Deakin offers an internationally competitive compensation package that may include a market loading. Salaries are complemented by employer contributions to retirement savings.
We also offer a generous relocation package that comprises assistance with housing search and children’s schooling search before the appointee arrives.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership which enhances the achievement of the Department’s strategic plan in research, teaching and external engagement.
- Contribute to the Department’s teaching programs at undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision at honours and/or doctoral levels.
- Undertake and publish high-quality research in leading journals in the field
- Actively contribute to the development of the Department’s research agenda, including a strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
- Participate in competitive external research funding activities and generate research income through application to major funding bodies.
- Actively participate in activities which enhance the School’s disciplinary profile and reputation.
- Foster relationships with research, community, industry, government and professional partners and with other higher education institutions.
To be successful you will:
- Be a well-rounded scholar with a well-established internationally renowned research record and a demonstrated reputation as an educator.
- A PhD in Information Systems; Management of Artificial Intelligence and Digital Business or a closely related field.
Experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision at honours and/or doctoral levels.
- An established research reputation in internationally recognised research and scholarly publications in the field (e.g., AIS Basket of 8 and/FT or other top journals)
- Evidence of success in obtaining competitive external research funding (at the more senior academic levels)
- Commitment to fostering relationships with research, community, industry, government and professional partners and with other higher education institutions.
- Engagement with external bodies to enhance the national and international standing of the discipline.
Applications for this position close on 28th February 2022 however a review of applications will start immediately and will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. The start date is flexible but early-mid 2022 is preferable. Please ensure to include a cover letter, a resume and responses to the Key Selection Criteria.
This role has been identified as having contact with children and requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working With Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Are You Ready?
Deakin is one of the new breeds of global universities – agile, dynamic and innovative. We are committed to making a genuine difference in people’s lives through excellence in education and research. As a Victorian university with a global impact, join us and let’s see what we can achieve together.
Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with opportunities to grow and develop their careers.
At Deakin, we offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits and various discounts with our third-party suppliers.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences. We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientation, and genders.
We understand that our academic workforce is increasingly diverse, and we recognise academic careers may be placed on hold throughout many life circumstances. Achievement relative to opportunity places more emphasis on the quality, as opposed to the quantity of research outputs. In your application, we strongly encourage you to comment on your achievements relative to opportunity.