2 days left
- Full Time
The Business Manager for the Gene Therapy group at Kings is a key role providing operational management to the group and the facility leadership team. The post holder will be a member of the facility leadership team and work closely with colleagues in Development, Production, Quality and Business Development. The post holder will contribute to the group with operational management experience and strategic insight to ensure the facility operates successfully.
The Gene Therapy group at Kings is recognised as a leading organisation in the manufacture of products and viral vectors for advanced therapies which are used in Investigation Medicinal Products (IMPs) for cell and gene therapies clinical trials. The group is undergoing an expansion in capacity, extension and enhancement of capabilities and recruiting new personnel to deliver on the strategic plan to support innovation in health care.
The role will suit someone seeking to develop their skills in delivering business projects, managing operations and developing strategic communications, and provides an exciting opportunity for the role holder to contribute to management of facilities to enable development and supply of these advanced products for patients.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full-time post.
- Communication and Networking
- Clear and efficient written and verbal communication to internal and external stakeholders including communication of tasks, plans and business project and analysis updates.
- Build strong working relationships with suppliers.
- Develop relationships across the University including procurement, finance, and HR.
- Decision Making, Planning & Problem Solving
- Design business processes which reflect the operations of the group making the operation effective and efficient.
- Owning the business plan for the group including oversight of the budget and forecasts, recruitment plans, infrastructure plans and upgrades.
- Providing regular analysis of group performance via trends/ metrics/ KPIs which aids the leadership team in decision making.
- Ensure compliance with university regulations and policies for self and others.
- Design and be responsible for the groups business continuity plan.
- Responsibility for managing a small team.
- Provide guidance to management and line managers on group’s internal practices and also university processes.
- Support and develop colleagues’ execution of processes by training and coaching.
- Measures of success
- High level of operational efficiency through effective processes.
- High degree of compliance with regulations.
- High level of staff satisfaction and development.
- Contribute to sustained growth of manufacturing facility though support of projects and alignment with business processes.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Educated to degree level or with equivalent relevant work experience
2. Ability to assess and organise resources, and plan and progress work activities effectively
3. Excellent communication skills, including excellent use of English both in formal documents and writing for the web
4. Substantial experience in administration, in a research and manufacturing environment, including supporting management meetings
5. Demonstrable organisational skills and ability to interpret and report on large sets of data
6. Financial administration experience and confident in the interpretation of financial reports
7. Proactive approach and aptitude for working independently to seek out resolutions, and develop creative approaches to solve problems
8. Practical, resourceful and well organised with an understanding, mature approach and professional manner when dealing with confidential matters
9. Ability to work unsupervised as part of a multidisciplinary team and prioritise with a willingness to accept responsibility and workload in a service driven environment
10. Flexible and adaptable and able to cope with frequent and unpredictable interruptions and shifting priorities at speed
1. Understanding of R&D and/or GMP Manufacture of medicinal products
2. Experience of working in the health, local government or university setting and associated procedures and practices
This post is subject to Disclosure and Barring Service clearance.