Research Associate / PostDoc (m/f/x)
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Department of Geosciences, the Chair of Geoinformatics offers a project position within the Projekt „NFDI4Earth – Nationale Research Data Infrastructure for Earth System Sciences“
Research Associate / PostDoc (m/f/x)
Software Architect for innovative Research Data Infrastructures
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible and limited until September 30, 2026. The period of employment is governed by § 2 (2) Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG).
The DFG-funded project NFDI4Earth is part of the German National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) and deals with the digital needs within Earth system sciences. It provides researchers with FAIR, coherent and open access to all relevant data as well as innovative methods for research data management and collaborative data analysis. The project consortium is coordinated by the TU Dresden and comprises 58 partners from well-known national institutions in Earth System Sciences. The advertised position belongs to the NFDI4Earth coordination office at the Chair of Geoinformatics with strong links to the TU Dresden Center for Information Services and High-Performance Computing (ZIH) and the Support Center Research Data at TU Dresden.
- scientific work on requirements analysis and conception of the central web-based support services for NFDI4Earth, including the central knowledge base for the project (Knowledge Hub)
- technical requirements analysis and architecture draft for central support services (such as the NFDI4Earth OneStop4All, the EduHub, etc.)
- evaluation and implementation of suitable software components in this regard and their transfer into operational operation in NFDI4Earth
- co-development of cooperation strategies for existing open source software frameworks and platforms
- co-development of cooperation strategies especially for existing HPC and IT support structures with the aim of sustainable operation of NFDI4Earth Services
- Contribution to white papers, best practices, standards and documentation on the above concepts and implementations
- documentation and communication of results within NFID4Earth and other relevant national Research Data Infrastructures as well as significant involvement in monitoring and reporting specifically on IT developments within the NFID4Earth consortium
- participation in national and international networks on relevant NFDI4Earth topics, e.g. in the Research Data Alliance or the Open Geospatial Consortium
- publication and presentation of the project results in national and international journals and events
- university degree (minimum Master Level) in the field of Geoinformatics, Computer Science, or a comparable engineering sciences or natural sciences
- preferably a relevant PhD
- very good knowledge/experience in data management, software development and distributed infrastructures
- profound knowledge of existing software, repositories and infrastructures in the field of earth systems sciences
- very good knowledge of technical standards and community standards for metadata, data and services in research data management and in earth system sciences
- enjoy communicating and interacting with other scientists
- a high degree of independence, commitment, flexibility and team spirit
- very good knowledge of English
What we offer
Working at the Chair of Geoinformatics offers you innovative, creative and solution-oriented working environment in a team of experts on future-oriented topics of information infrastructures - especially in the context of earth system sciences and environmental applications. We offer a modern workplace as well as access to a modern IT infrastructure and innovative services at the internationally engaged University of Excellence TU Dresden, with flexible working hours and a family-friendly working and living environment in Dresden, one of the most livable German cities. Mobile working is made possible.
For further Information and in case of questions please contact Jörg Seegert (email@example.com).
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application (incl. letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, publication list, digital copies of certificates and diplomas) by February 1, 2022 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de as a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Umweltwissenschaften, Fachrichtung Geowissenschaften, Professur für Geoinformatik, Herrn Prof. Lars Bernard, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Germany
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in Germany
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Related jobs in Germany
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Associate jobs in Germany