Research Assistant for Scientific Workflows and Software Services
In the coming years, the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) will be established in Germany to provide long-term services for research data management and analysis for research. The Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing at TU Dresden is a partner in the consortia "NFDI Consortium Earth System Sciences" and "Text+ - Language and Text-based Research Data Infrastructure", which are establishing data infrastructures for earth system sciences and the humanities throughout Germany. We offer a position as
Research Assistant for Scientific Workflows and Software Services (m/f/x)
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible. The position is limited until September 30, 2026. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG). The position offers the chance to obtain further academic qualification (e.g. PhD). Balancing family and career is an important issue. The position is generally suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please indicate your request in your application.
You will have the opportunity to help establishing services for research in a national virtual infrastructure. The position strengthens into an interdisciplinary team working on different areas such as data management, data quality or machine learning.
- scientific research activities for the research data infrastructures development throughout Germany
- requirements analysis for services and scientific workflows in close interdisciplinary collaboration with researchers
- design, implementation, evaluation, and operation of software architectures, workflows and services for research data infrastructures
- planning and implementation of training and education for the developed services
- documentation and publication of project results
- university degree in the field of computer science or a comparable engineering or natural science
- application-ready programming skills (e.g., Python, C++);
- pleasure in communication and interaction with other scientists
- high degree of independence, commitment, flexibility and team spirit
- experience in data management and virtualization is desirable
- very good English skills
Working at ZIH offers you creative scientific work with international experts on future topics, a state-of-the-art IT infrastructure optimized for data analysis and Machine Learning, flexible working hours and a family-friendly working environment. You will live in a city of science and culture surrounded by a unique landscape.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents with the job ID "NFDI4Earth/Text+" until February 1, 2022 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies), preferably via the SecureMail Portal of the TU Dresden https://securemail.tu-dresden.de by sending it as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: TU Dresden, Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen (ZIH), Herrn Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Please find the German version under: https://tu-dresden.de/stellenausschreibung/9094
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis