Research Associate / PostDoc (m/f/x)
At TU Dresden, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Department of Geosciences, the Chair of Geoinformatics offers a project position within the Projekt „NFDI4Earth – Nationale Research Data Infrastructure for Earth System Sciences“ as
Research Associate / PostDoc (m/f/x)
Expert for Innovative Research Data Management in Earth System Sciences
(subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting as soon as possible and limited until September 30, 2026. The period of employment is governed by § 2 (2) Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz – WissZeitVG).
The DFG-funded project NFDI4Earth is part of the German National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) and deals with the digital needs within Earth System Sciences. It provides researchers with FAIR, coherent and open access to all relevant data as well as innovative methods for research data management and collaborative data analysis. The project consortium is coordinated by the TU Dresden and comprises 58 partners from well-known national institutions in Earth System Sciences. The advertised position belongs to the NFDI4Earth coordination office at the Chair of Geoinformatics with strong links to the TU Dresden Center for Information Services and High-Performance Computing (ZIH) and the Support Center Research Data at TU Dresden.
- scientific research activities
- conception and implementation of user-friendly services and infrastructure components for FAIR and open research data management in Earth System Sciences
- communicating about guiding principles for scientific publications of FAIR and open data to various stakeholders and practitioners
- support in compilation and coordination for the development of a NFDI4Earth FAIR-ness and Openness Commitment and with the aim of creating an established scientific culture for publication and exchange of digital research resources
- active participation in national and international networks on relevant NFDI4Earth topics, e.g. in the Research Data Alliance or the Open Geospatial Consortium
- documentation, consolidation and evaluation of subject-related community results and initiatives with regard to their suitability for and implementation within NFDI4Earth, their communication to relevant project participants as well as significant participation in monitoring and reporting for the development of NFDI4Earth
- active participation and representation of NFDI4Earth interests in relevant sections of the National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI) as well as cooperation with partners of other specialist NFDI-Consortia on overarching topics
- co-development of cooperation strategies with other scientific institutions to establish common operating models with the aim of sustainable operation of NFDI4Earth Services
- scientific publication and presentation of the project results in national and international journals and events
- university degree (minimum Master Level) in the field of Geoinformatics, Computer Science, or a comparable engineering sciences or natural sciences
- preferably a relevant PhD
- very good knowledge/experience in data management, software development and distributed infrastructures
- many years of experience in scientific work as well as a fundamental understanding of research questions in (if possible) different domains of Earth System Sciences
- distinct, motivating and sovereign communication, presentation and interaction with other scientists and stakeholders from various disciplines and groups
- a high degree of independence, commitment, flexibility and team spirit
- very good knowledge of English
What we offer
Working at the Chair of Geoinformatics offers you innovative, creative and solution-oriented working environment in a team of experts on future-oriented topics of information infrastructures - especially in the context of earth system sciences and environmental applications. We offer a modern workplace as well as access to a modern IT infrastructure and innovative services at the internationally engaged University of Excellence TU Dresden, with flexible working hours and a family-friendly working and living environment in Dresden, one of the most livable German cities. Mobile working is made possible.
For further Information and in case of questions please contact Jörg Seegert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application (incl. letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, publication list, digital copies of certificates and diplomas) by February 1, 2022 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies), preferably via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal https://securemail.tu-dresden.de as a single PDF document to email@example.com or by mail to: TU Dresden, Fakultät Umweltwissenschaften, Fachrichtung Geowissenschaften, Professur für Geoinformatik, Herrn Prof. Lars Bernard, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis.
More searches like this
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Academic Posts jobs in Germany
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Postdocs jobs in Germany
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Related jobs in Germany
- Geology, Environmental, Earth & Marine Sciences Research Associate jobs in Germany