Lecturer in Nursing, Teaching Academic Level B
- Based in UniSA Clinical & Health Sciences at the City East campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Attractive Salary plus 17% superannuation
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Professorial Lead, this role will be responsible for the development, delivery and coordination of courses within the Bachelor of Nursing program. The position will contribute independently and as part of a team to support the teaching outcomes and to carry out activities to maintain and develop their scholarly, research and/or professional activities.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver courses on campus, online or via other appropriate methods
- Maintaining the quality of the courses through course review and development
- Apply research and scholarship to the development of courses
- Work collaboratively and reciprocally with staff in other Academic Units
- Undertake developmental activities to advance knowledge of effective discipline-specific pedagogical practices
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor of Nursing and a Masters degree and/or PhD degree qualification in a relevant health discipline, combined with current registration, or eligibility for registration as a Registered Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Demonstrated contribution to the profession and/or discipline of nursing
- Solid academic experience teaching students engaged in undergraduate and postgraduate nursing programs
- Ability to enhance the research profile of the Academic Unit through scholarship and supervision of coursework Masters degree and/or HDR students
- Demonstrated clinical experience/expertise and understanding of global and national policies and priorities in health and midwifery practice
- Experience in developing a culture of teaching and learning excellence
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of 17%
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Ms Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 3806.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Sunday 30 January 2022
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Appointment is also subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) being obtained and maintained.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.