Research Associate, Department of the Built Environment
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidates will contribute to research activities related to:
- Use data science approaches to improve students’ learning
The candidates shall work under the supervision of the Principal Investigator (PI) to conduct academic research and/ or administrative work. Specific job activities may include:
- Design and conduct research studies;
- Conduct literature review on appropriate topics related to the project;
- Conduct analyses using python, machine-learning, deep-learning;
- Develop application using flask micro-service framework;
- Write research papers, reports and proposals.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- For the position of Research Assistant, a Bachelor of Science with Honours in the fields of computer science, data science, or related field;
- For the position of Research Associate, a Master of Science in the fields of computer science, data science or related field and at least 3 years of working experience;
- Willing to learn, independent and responsible;
- Versatile in python and machine learning;
- Ability in computer vision is a plus;
- and Strong English writing and communication skills.
Remuneration: Salary will commensurate with the candidate’s qualification and experience
Candidates with the following will be preferred (not compulsory):
- Good academic and research background;
- Ability in computer vision and deep-learning;
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- and Work experience in education-related sector.
Principal Investigator (contact person): Associate Professor Goh Yang Miang; email@example.com; +65 6601 2663
Interested parties may email your resume and dissertation (if applicable) to the Principal Investigator. Position will be open until filled.
Background information about SaRRU can be found here: https://www.sde.nus.edu.sg/bdg/cpfm/sarru/
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Design And Environment
Department : Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8321