Research Fellow, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in the area of Computational Chemistry is available at the Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering at the National University of Singapore (#3 in Chemical Engineering according QS World University Rankings). The position is open for 1 year with a flexible starting date and could be extended depending on mutual interest.
The applicant will work with Prof. Sergey Kozlov in the Computational Nanocatalysis group, which focuses on the simulations of physical and chemical interactions in emerging classes of nanostructured materials. The applicant will use periodic density functional (DFT) simulations and the atomic simulation environment (ASE) to characterize the structure and catalytic activity of nanocomposite catalysts. The research will focus on advanced simulations of catalytic processes on alloy nanoparticles and/or metal-oxide interfaces. A significant part of the investigations will be performed in collaboration with experimental groups participating in the Green Energy Flagship Program of the National University of Singapore (http://greenenergy.nus.edu.sg/).
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Physics or Material Science
- Experience in DFT studies of heterogeneous catalysts, electrochemistry, or nanostructured materials using VASP
- The ability to creatively contribute to collaborations with experimental colleagues.
- Excellent writing skills and fluency in English.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and Python.
The applications should contain the following documents combined in one pdf file:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Publication List
- Contact details of at least 4 references (including PhD supervisor) willing to provide recommendation letters.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 7278