Research Fellow, Microfluidic
We seeking highly motivated researchers to join our group at National University of Singapore for the development of the next generation microfluidic platform for high-throughput screening of engineered microbes for Synthetic Biology, a field which is rapidly developing and has great potential is providing environmentally friendly and sustainable solutions to address our ongoing challenges. Our group @ NUS (https://engbio.syncti.org) specializes in Synthetic Biology in which we engineer microbes with useful capabilities for medical and industrial applications and we are part of SynCTI at NUS (https://syncti.org). The project is funded by NRF SBP program.
The candidate will be primarily work on the development of the microfluidic system for the screening of microbes engineered for the production of high value chemical.
- Develop end-to-end microfluidic workflow for synthetic biology and microfluidic chip design
- Independently plan and execute experiments supporting the development of the new platform
- Present scientific and technical data in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Ensure scientific integrity and documentation of experimental data to meet standards suitable for intellectual property, and publication.
- To work closely with colleagues/collaborators who are engineering the microbes to develop the workflow.
- Expertise in microfluidic system design and development.
- A demonstrated record of identifying and developing creative approaches to difficult problems.
- Strong writing, editing, and presentation skills required.
- Ability to work as part of a team, collaborating and communicating effectively with members of other functional groups.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and embrace change in an extremely fast-paced environment.
- Ph.D. degree in Biomedical engineering, or other related fields with relevant post-graduate research experience.
Position offered will commensurate with qualifications and experience of candidate. Open to fixed term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 8980